enable HBCI in 1.7.5

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:49:08 +0100

Matthias Oltmanns wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm a many years Quicken user and it seems to be possible that
> i can remove one of my last applications (Quicken) running in a
> Windows-Box. Thanks to GnuCash developers.
>
> I started this weekend to take a look at it and downloaded
> the 1.7.5 beta (source).
> The compilation and installation just worked fine.
> But i'm not able to use HBCI features.

What do you mean by "not able to use HBCI features"? Do you have the
menu item Tools->HBCI Setup ("Werkzeuge -> HBCI Einrichtung")? If yes,
please describe in more detail what's wrong. If no, then check again the
./configure command output of gnucash -- it should say

checking for OpenHBCI 0.9.3 ... yes

and if it doesn't, there's something wrong with your openhbci installation.

> I've used --enable-HBCI and
> --with-openhbci-prefix=/usr
> The installed openhbci version is 0.9.3-1. I'm running SuSE 8.0 Box.

Which openhbci package did you get? The tar.gz sources, or the SuSE 8.0
binary rpm?

Christian