OFX import

Greg Stark gsstark@mit.edu
14 Dec 2002 02:16:58 -0500

I just tried out the OFX import. This is the first time I can really use
GnuCash since my bank never supported QIF files. So I'm not sure if I'm going
to propose a new feature or report a bug.

Every transaction was listed as unbalanced. I had to manually go through every
transaction selecting an account to balance it with. Is it supposed to work
this way?

It seems once I enter an transaction with a description "Foo" GnuCash should
default every subsequent transaction with that description to the same
account. I think 90% of my transactions would be automatically handled if it
did this.

Is it supposed to do this already and just didn't work for me? Or is this
planned in the future? Or do others not think it should work this way? How
does quicken et al handle this?

--
greg