More questions

Greg Stark gsstark@mit.edu
17 Dec 2002 23:53:29 -0500

So I fear this will rapidly become an FAQ, but is there any way to set the
opening balance after a file has already been created?

Some ideas:

It would be cool if I could hook a perl script to fetch an OFX update from the
bank up so calling import automatically checked for updates and then processed
them. Perhaps we could collect a series of such scripts and allow users to
choose from them. I am a bit leery of asking users to put their banking info
into random perl scripts though.

Also, the automatic matching of transactions on import does in fact work, but
I suspect it will have to be made more sophisticated. All my check deposits
are going to the whatever account the last one went to. It doesn't seem to
take into account the dollar amounts in keeping track of matches. I fear the
final solution will be to throw a bayesian filter like the spam-filtering
systems at transactions to guess the matching account.

--
greg