More questions

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
18 Dec 2002 09:54:41 -0800

--=-haLVzMWmov3Gz66HOwRj

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 20:53, Greg Stark wrote:
> So I fear this will rapidly become an FAQ, but is there any way to set the
> opening balance after a file has already been created?

Sure. Just open the account in question and edit the "Opening Balance"
transaction. (Probably the first transaction in the account, unless you
entered data for transactions from before you created your gnucash data
file.)  If you didn't specify an opening balance when you created the
account, then just add a transaction like this:

  2001-12-31  Opening Balance  Equity:Opening Balances  $xx.xx

This is a transaction like any other. The only thing special about it is
that it references the "Equity:Opening Balances" account.

David

P.S. You can change the date on this transaction.  I changed all mine to
the day before I started keeping my financial data in gnucash so it
would always be the first transaction in the account.

--=-haLVzMWmov3Gz66HOwRj

--=-haLVzMWmov3Gz66HOwRj--