GnuCash 1.7.5 never displays

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
28 Dec 2002 21:30:55 -0800

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 19:18, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 13:43, Roland Roberts wrote:
> > Actually, the binary package did NOT say I needed to upgrade the
> > packages.  That was part of the mystery.  It installed clean; g-wrap
> > 1.3.2 and gnucash 1.7.5.  But NOTHING ever displayed.  That lead me to
> > go the other route of upgrading guile and Guppi which then did require
> > rebuilding the gnucash RPM.
>
> Oh, sorry. My misunderstanding. In that case, I have to confess to being
> completely mystified too. However, you got it going in the end, that is
> the main point. This is just another of those things to file in the back
> of our minds in case something similar pops up again in the future.

FTR, The GnuCash RPM's in the redhat-7.x folder are built against RH
7.3. There is no testing done with RH 7.2. While this shouldn't be a
problem, you can never be sure. I think that a rebuild of the source RPM
in this case would of fixed the problem.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit