Request for delaying stable release: Multi-currency code still not mature enough

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
29 Dec 2002 09:29:34 -0500

I for one am truly interested in hearing what these instabilities are..
I -thought- it was pretty stable before I left for vacation, and you,
Christian, even said so.  Did it become less stable while I've been
gone?  If so, how?

-derek

Christian Stimming <stimming@tuhh.de> writes:

> My day-to-day financial data is a book with three years of transactions and
> all sorts of different currencies in it (including USD, DEM, EUR). Due to the
> instability of the multi-currency code in the HEAD branch, I have still been
> editing my day-to-day financial data with the gnucash-1.6 branch. Just these
> days I tried to switch to the HEAD branch for my financial data. And even
> though Derek has done a great job in getting the multi-currency code up and
> running, I have to say that there are still far too many problems and quirks
> in the current multi-currency code. We cannot call this a stable release in
> this shape, or otherwise all the multi-currency users will rip our head off.
> Seriously. In the current shape of the multi-currency code it would mean a
> big step backward in terms of stability. So we simply cannot call this stable
> yet.
>
> I will be reporting any problems in detail in bugzilla.
 [snip]