Want to write file import (?OFC? format)

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:23:23 -0500

On February 13, 2002 10:36 pm, Fabio Luis De Paoli wrote:
> Hi
>
> My bank uses the format below to supply data.  They call it a Quicken
> file, but it is obviously not like the quicken files GNUCash imports.  I
> would like to write code to import this file format into GNUCash.  Can you
> help me with the following questions:
>
> 1. What file format is this?  I guess it is called OFC, but then, I don't
> see anyone mentioning this file format anywhere.  Is this a proprietary
> format?

It is a Microsoft Money Open Financial Connectivity file. (Not to be confused
with OFX: Open Financial Exchange)

> 2. Where can I find a  spec for this file format?

Surprisignly enough, the spec is open, but somewhat hard to find.  It is
based on SGML, just like OFX (wich I am currently working on supporting).
However it is not the same thing

I found a copy of the OFC spec here:
http://www.math.jhu.edu/~martind/moneyofc.rtf

Good luck!