Testing my new portfolio report

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:26:36 +1100

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:34:27AM -0800, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 06:04, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > [Please CC any replies as I'm subscribed no-mail]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been using gnucash quite successfully for the last few months for my
> > accounts and it works really well. Except, the portfolio report. It told me
> > what I had but not how it compared with what I'd put in and stuff like that.
> > So, I started browsing the source and did a crash course in Scheme (ie, I
> > read a few websites) and came up with my own portfolio report. It gives much
> > detail.
> > The reason I'm emailing now is:
> > - Is anyone else interested in this? Should I fix these problems or am I the
> >   only one who cares?
>
> I'd love to look at it.  Stock portifolios are one of the area I was
> planning to work on.  There is a lot that can be done here.

Ok, given Dereks advice I modified it slightly so you don't need to
overwrite the old one. It's now called advanced-portfolio. I've changed the
URL slightly, you can grab it from:

http://svana.org/kleptog/gnucash/advanced-portfolio.scm

You'll need to edit your global setup to set it up.

Thanks,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/