Gnucash and Electric Fence

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
05 Jan 2002 10:02:43 -0800

--=-XABrYxPvBcdG91H1Zbqy

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 08:11, Derek Atkins wrote:
>=20
> Try:
> 	rm config.cache
> 	./configure .... (without efence)

I thought of that.  There is no config.cache file, and the configure
script unconditionally adds '#define USE_EFENCE 1' to the config.h
file.  Now that I look again, this appears to be a bug in the
configure.in script.  I'll submit a patch to restore the proper behavior
of the --enable-efence argument.

> To answer your last question, gh_scm2newstr() is part of libguile,
> and most likely it's using g_new() instead of malloc().

Thanks for the info.  Isn't this a problem then if memory is being
allocated with g_new() and released with free().  I thought g_new()
tried to improve program execution time by allocating a single large
chunk of memory from the OS and then using its own memory allocator to
provide parts of this pre-allocated memory to the program. (Or is it
gmalloc that does that.)  I don't have any of my reference books handy
as my home office is being painted.

David

--=-XABrYxPvBcdG91H1Zbqy

--=-XABrYxPvBcdG91H1Zbqy--