doc bug

Andrew Pimlott andrew@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:43:49 -0500

I was just browsing the on-line documentation and found an egregious
mistake.  On,
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/C/xacc-recording-incomeexpense.html
there is the sentence

    When, for instance, salary is deposited in a bank account, the
    bank account is credited, and the income account is debited

but the accompanying chart (correctly) shows the bank acount debited
and the income account credited.  Given the care taken to explain
debits and credits earlier in the manual, I think it's critical to
get this straight!

I haven't started using GnuCash, but I'm impressed by what I have
read so far of the manual.  I think I'll give it a try soon.

Andrew