Questions about compiing from CVS

Laurent Duperval lduperval@videotron.ca
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 19:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm having a lot of packaging problems trying to compile from CVS. I
don't think I'm a compete doofus but I'm having problems locating some
packages. Thins may be entirely due to the distro I'm using (Mandrake
8.2) though. These are the latest errors I'm finding:

checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... no
*** The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not be found
*** If GDK_PIXBUF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GDK_PIXBUF_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gdk-pixbuf-config.
checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... "did not find any version"
configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version

Both of these errors seem to point to the absence of a -devel package. I
tried to install the -devel package for gdk_pixbuf but I get an error
saying there's a dependency on libgr-devel. Try as I might, I can't find
that package for recent versions of Mandrake (I've seen it on RPMfind
for RH 6.2 but that's ANCIENT!). Can anyone who's had success with a CVS
compile on MDK 8.2 drop me a note to tell me how they went about it,
please?

I also am unable to find a gnome-print-devel for Mandrake. I believe
that having these two packages may help me get a bit further in my
QUest. (And here I thought I was in dependency hell with Pan!)

Thanks!

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@videotron.ca>

FLO CAPP'S OBSERVATION:
   The next best thing to doing something smart is not doing something
   stupid.