Call for testers: Gnucash Business Accounting

Derek Atkins derek@ihtfp.com
08 Jul 2002 15:32:36 -0400

I've been working on business accounting for a while and
trying to test it as best as I can.  At this point I feel that
the business accounting is ready for users to test.  Therefore,
I'd like to invite you to download Gnucash-CVS and try it out.
I'd really appreciate feedback about missing or confusing
features, bug reports, etc.

I acknowledge that there is currently ZERO documentation, so you are
basically on your own to figure out what's going on.  But hopefully
it's intuitive enough to be usable.

A few notes about Gnucash-CVS:  if you start using CVS it is
possible that you may have trouble moving back to gnucash 1.6
unless you take a few steps:

        1) Backup all your .xac datafiles
        2) Backup your configuration files
           $HOME/.gnucash/books/*		<- report information
           $HOME/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto	<- global preferences

Any feedback on the gnucash business accounting package
would be extremely helpful in order to make the best product
for the upcoming gnucash release.

Thanks for your support,

-derek, your friendly neighborhood business-accounting hacker
--
       Derek Atkins
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com