Re[2]: Errors running configure

Michele Ravani Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:24:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:17:47 -0400 (EDT) Laurent Duperval <lduperval@videotron.ca> wrote:

LD> On 13 Jul, Michele Ravani wrote:
LD> > Hi
LD> >
LD> > trying to compile from the CVS, I got the following:
LD> >
LD> > checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... no
LD> > *** The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not
LD> be found
LD> > *** If GDK_PIXBUF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
LD> > *** your path, or set the GDK_PIXBUF_CONFIG environment variable to
LD> the
LD> > *** full path to gdk-pixbuf-config.
LD> > checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/bin/gnome-config
LD> > checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.21... did not find any
LD> version
LD> > configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version
LD> >
LD> > The first I guess is that the gdk-pixbuf devel libraries are not
LD> installed.
LD>
LD> Correct.

I get a ton of dependencies problems trying to install the gdk-pixbuf devel
libraries. Using strait rpm, it claims that it needs libgr-devel, but I
couldn't find it.

It looks like both the devel versions of the libraries above are a complete
and utter pain to install on a MDK8.2 system. I wonder why.
Did you guys simply got the sources and compiled?

Ciao

--
Michele Ravani                  Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch
"Those who live hoping, die singing" My Gran