OFX support

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:40:52 +0200

Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> On Sun 21 July 2002 17:30, Christian Stimming wrote:
>
>>Okay, I now got gnucash HEAD up and running with --enable-ofx. However, I
>>don't have any real ofx file to test the import.
>
>>gnc_file_ofx_import(): Begin...
>>INFO: sanitize_proprietary_tags() removed: <!-- this is a simple, basic ofx
>>document. -->
>>ERROR: find_dtd():Unable to find the DTD for the requested version
>>ERROR: OpenSP parser: otherError (misc parse error)
>
> This is not related to the gnucash module.  It is a libofx error, the library
> is unable to find the dtd file. make install (for libofx) should have copied
> a file /usr/local/share/libofx/dtd/ofx160.dtd  Check that it is there and
> readable by your user.

Err, I installed libofx in an unusual prefix (e.g. $HOME/unstable).
Where in libofx can I tell it to look for the DTD in its installed
prefix? I changed the variables in common.m accordingly; is there any
other place where I would have to change any variables?

>>which might be related to an unusual installation but anyway I should try
>>that with an "officially supported" ofx file.
>
> In the libofx tree, you'll find two sample files in
> libofx/doc/ofx_sample_files/  They were pulled directly from the OFX spec,
> you can't get much more official than that.

Okay, two sample files there should be quite enough. Thanks for the hint.

Christian