multi-currency

Eildert Groeneveld eg@tzv.fal.de
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:54:32 +0200

Hello
gnucash is really something! However, I am battling with a multi currency
problem: With more than on currency the (EUR is the main curreny for the
whole setup and USD is some other) the EUR equivalent of the USD account does
not show in the corresponding line of the accounts tab. it goes like:
  USDaccount          $123.00         EUR 0.00

However, it seems that the $ amount is reflected correctly in the higher
hierarchy (EUR) account.

Something similar can be observed with stocks: is read like:
   dell          12 812299.F                      EUR 0.00
          12 stocks ticker symbol
is this the way it should be?
some thing that might be related is the following message that I get when
running the price editor:
;;; WARNING (gnc:resolve-unknown-comm: can't calculate rate for  EUR 160.00
160 977187.F  to  $0.00)

The current prices of the stocks are listed correcty in the price editor.

Eildert