Query Integration: access to Query Internals?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Jun 2002 00:57:01 -0400

I decided that so much depends on core types that they should just be
hard-coded.  How often does one define a new core type?  (Where a core
type is defined as things like String, Numeric, Timespec, GUID,
Double, Boolean, etc.).  So, I just decided to not make that interface
pluggable.

A backend can still plug in a new composite type built from the core
engine types, but it can't provide a new core data type.

The interfaces are still there if we decide to change this -- just
need to make them non-static and publish the interface in the .h
(i.e., I didn't change the architecture).  But I figured that this
would be an easier way of doing it in the short run, and in the long
run I don't see many new types being added.

-derek