sales tax & more

cbbrowne@acm.org cbbrowne@acm.org
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:13:58 -0400

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:00:49 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas)  said:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:15:58PM -0500, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> > In Texas, for example, retailers just make one report to the state with
> > the total amount of tax collected.

> depends on what you're selling.  If you're selling airline tickets,
> its a *lot* more complicated.  (although the airlines usually handle
> this for the travel agent, to keep the agent's job easy).

Probably there's some happy medium somewhere in between in terms of
complexity.

If an airline wants to use GnuCash to manage their ticket sales, I think
it would be reasonable to expect them to add some developers to the team
:-).
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html