sales tax & more

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:47:27 -0500

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:21:30PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 12:00:38PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> > > This is already there in current-cvs.  For every item in an invoice
> > > you can enter the amount of tax (by percent or by value) and the 'tax
> > > account' to which that tax should be applied.  Granted, this only
> >
> > I think that what he wants in the GUI is a checkboxx that says
> > 'taxable/nontaxable' and in the engine, one or more splits get
> > created automatically and routed to the right accounts.
>
> I kind of wish the ledger actually had a 'checkbox' cell..

Well, the ledger was originally written so that it would be 'easy' to add new
cell types.   I am no longer sure if that is still the case.  I'd guess you'd
start with the reconcile-cell, and just make it draw a checkbox instead...

I'd even volunteer excedpt I'm painfully short of free time.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>