sales tax & more

Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:44:10 -0700

> GnuCash is _already_ fabulously complex to get compiled.  It has
dependancies
> on a huge horde of GNOME libraries, plus Guile, plus bits written using M4
and
> the whole autoconf tool stream.  It even includes some SQL code.
>
> You can argue for adding some more dependencies on lex/yacc (or should it
be
> flex/bison?; it is perfectly legitimate for others to argue the contrary.

You've raised lots of very valid concerns, but I'm afraid my point got lost.
I wanted to explore what a formula language that would be accessible to
normal users (people who use Quicken -- not users who would be writing
reports in Scheme) might look like.  Don't worry about it.  It's not like I
plan on doing anything about it anytime soon.