Guile problems - somewhat resolved

budman85 budman85" <budman85@adelphia.net
09 Jun 2002 20:29:56 EDT

Hi,

After getting everything to compile for 1.6.6, and guile 1.4.1, the following
error appeared when I tried launching gnucash:
-------------
ERROR: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error)
#f...):
ERROR: Loaded gnucash srfi-8.scm in unknown Guile version:1.4.1.
If you're running a Guile newer than 1.4, then this file should
not have been installed.  Please report the bug.
------------

After searching the web for hours, I couldn't find any prior issue with gnucash
and this error.
I dug into the directories and found the file srfi-8.scm in lib/srfi.  Looking
at the code, I saw a version check...
So I added the 1.4.1 version to the file, recompiled,installed, bingo!	GnuCash
launched fine.

I know there may be minute differences between guile versions 1.4 and 1.4.1,
but will this also work for version 1.5.6 which is now included with Slackware
8.1?

BTW, GnuCash 1.6.6 is very nice!  :)
Congrats!

Regards,