Compiling the CVS head

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Jun 2002 10:41:20 -0400

Eildert Groeneveld <eg@tzv.fal.de> writes:

> libglade-devel requires lots of other packages that do not seem to be easily
> available for RedHat7.2

I find it very odd that the libglade-devel that Red Hat ships does not
install easily on their own system.  Note that most of the dependencies
are probably required, anyways, because they are GNOME dependencies
(which gnucash is going to depend on, anyways).  Are you not installing
Red Hat's libglade-devel package?  Note that Red Hat ships Gnucash-1.6
which implies that you should be able to build Gnucash-CVS.

> I got hold of libglade.m4 and then autogen.sh went a little (a lot) further
> buts still not far enough.
> checking for g-wrap-config... no
> configure: WARNING: g-wrap-config failed
> configure: error:
>
>   g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
>   enough.  Right now gnucash requires at least version 1.3.2 to build.
>   as there were major changes between version 1.3.1 and 1.3.2
>   If you need to install g-wrap, you can find it at
>   ftp://ftp.gnucash.org/pub/g-wrap.
>
> only problem is: there is not g--wrap 1.3.2 at the above address??

Oh, let me fix that in CVS.

> Has someone with RH7.2 been successful with gnucash?

I've got it on a modified 7.1, but that doesn't help you. :(