Compiling the CVS head

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Jun 2002 13:55:37 -0400

Eildert Groeneveld <eg@tzv.fal.de> writes:

> that was a swift reaction, alas....
>
> >autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged
> Running automake --gnu  ...
> Running autoconf ...
> configure.in:838: error: do not use LIBOBJS directly, use AC_LIBOBJ (see
> section `AC_LIBOBJ vs. LIBOBJS'
> **Error**: autoconf failed.

Unfortunately I do not have an autoconf-2.52 to test this with..  I only
have access to 2.13 (and it works fine there).

> configure.in was patched, right

It should have been...  The problem appears to be that autoconf is
DYING instead of just complaining about the use of LIBOBJS..  The real
problem is that autoconf-2.13 and -2.52 are not completely compatible.
Unfortunately I don't have a good workaround for you.  You could try
running autoconf by hand and seeing if that works?