Small Business Stuff

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
28 Jun 2002 15:47:26 -0400

[sorry if you receive this twice -- had a mailer oops -derek]

It's been a bit over a year since you sent this to gnucash-devel.
Over the last few months I've been doing a lot of work to try to build
a customer/vendor, job-tracking and invoicing system into Gnucash.
All the code is currently in CVS, and I believe it is ready for people
to start testing.

This version allows you to define your Customers and Vendors, and
define Jobs within those domains.  You can create, apply, and print,
and keep track of bills and payments in A/R and A/P.  There are
overall aging reports and per-customer account-history/aging reports
available.

There currently is not a tie into Evolution (I expect that will happen
in the next release of gnucash, not the upcoming release).  I also do
not have an inventory tracking or asset-tracking (depreciation)
system.  Nor do I currently do "time sheets" (per se).

At this point, I'd appreciate it if people would start to at least
look at the current code in CVS, compile it, run it, play with it, and
let me know what you like/dislike.  File bug reports in bugzilla, and
help me make it a more usable subsystem.

I acknowledge that what's currently there is extremely rough; it's
probably missing some nice shortcuts or even has some glaring
functional problems that I haven't noticed myself.  The only way to
detect this is for people to start using it.  So, consider this a
call-to-action to help me test.

Thanks,

-derek