reconcile date

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
29 Jun 2002 10:57:45 -0400

hi,

Greg Novak <novak@hyde.ucolick.org> writes:

> Sorry to send this to the whole developer list, but I couldn't find a
> contact e-mail on the web site.

No, this is the right place to send to.

> Gnucash is a wonderful program, I use it all the time and it's great!

Thanks. We like it, too.

> However, I have a few gripes:
>
> 1) No contact information on the web site.

Well, you seemed to find this address, which is the right place
to send discussion.  We only recently setup bugzilla, and that
is on the web site, too.

> 2) Sparse web documentation

I'm surprised at this, when there is the whole "Documentation" section
down the menu on the left hand side of the gnucash homepage.  Are you
saying that this documentation is incomplete?

> 3) "NEWS" file with changes in the new versions is not on the web site (as
> far as I could find)

You are correct that the NEWS file is not online; perhaps that should
be fixed.  OTOH, the NEWS file appears to be very out of date, even in
CVS...  It doesn't even contain any of the 1.6 release changes in it.

> 4) After much digging around, it is utterly
> impossible to find out when a given transaction was reconciled.  I'm using
> 1.4.12, so this has likely changed, but in case it hasn't, I'm attaching a
> context diff of my modification to "transaction-report.scm" that displays
> the reconcile dates.

Hmm, Gnucash 1.4 is extremely old.  Gnucash 1.6 was released over a
year ago, and we're talking about a 1.8 release in a few months.  The
file "transaction-report.scm" doesn't even exist anymore (it did not
exist in Gnucash 1.6, either).  I'm guessting it was renamed to
"transaction.scm", but I believe it was re-written in the process such
that your patch wont fit into the new structure.

If you have the time, I would ask that you update to Gnucash 1.6 (it
comes with most Linux Distributions nowadays) and see if you still
need this change to the Transaction Report.  If so, we can make the
change in CVS for the 1.8 release.

> Cheers,
> Greg

Thank you for using Gnucash.  Have a great day,