Segfaults in guile when using SX's

Tim Wunder tim@thewunders.org
Mon, 06 May 2002 11:16:33 -0400

Over the weekend I experienced aeveral segfaults while trying to process
some scheduled transactions. The segfaults appear to be in guile, at
least that's what the little pop-up told me. I'd like to provide better
debug help, but I don't know how. I used to run gnucash from within gdb
and could post backtraces, but gdb won't run gnucash anymore. How do I
go about providing better debug information for troubleshooting?
I had approximately 9 SXs created. The segfault would occur when trying
to enter a third character in an SX with defined fields (rather than
fixed amounts). I worked around that problem (entering 3 characters in
the field) by just entering 2 characteers (dollars with no cents), with
the plan to fix it after the SinceLast Run dialog completed. The problem
was that after doing that, I couldn't save the data file without a
segfault in guile. Manually deleting the SXs using vi solved the
segfault problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim