Posting and Paying Invoices: What goes where?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
10 May 2002 13:42:32 -0400

Right, this is already supported outside the transaction ledger
interface (indeed, it's available from the main page, currently under
the Extensions menu).  Business X has a number of ways of searching
for the lost invoice they sent you.  One way is:

        Customer -> Find Invoice

This would bring up the invoice search dialog, and from there they can
search on just about anything.  The customer's PO number (aka the
Billing ID) is one of the searchable items.

Another method is:

        Customer -> Find Customer

This would bring up the customer search dialog.  There they can find
_you_ (based on a number of search criteria) and then they can click
on "view invoices" which will bring up a search of your invoices, and
then they can find the one in question based on the same search topics
as above.

As I said, my question is about what information to put in the A/R
Transaction ledger, not what information is in the invoice.  All the
information is there -- the question is what information to duplicate?

-derek