GNUCash, GNOME and Bugzilla

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
15 May 2002 09:13:39 -0500

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 07:51, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> I have no problem with us using gnomes bugzilla (one less thing for us
> to administer) though I'd like to hear from the LDG guys to make sure
> they're happy with the idea (just thinking that they may want to keep
> some gnucash bug tracing in-house at some point now or in the future).

The version of gnucash we are using was forked from CVS a few months
back, and at this point bears very little resemblance to CVS.  We have
our own bugzilla setup already for tracking problems with our version,
but most of those bugs aren't really relevant to general CVS.

I personally like bugzilla, so I would like to see gnucash bugs go into
bugzilla _somewhere_.  Don't care if it's a gnome.org or somewhere
else.

> As a follow-up to Christians final comment, I have to say that I'm not
> keen on the idea of us changing to gnome cvs.

As long as cvs.gnucash.org still works, I don't see what the motivation
for a change would be.  I don't buy in to the idea that a central CVS
server somehow creates a community that you're part of if your code
lives there.  Community is a little harder to build than that.

b.g.