feedback/some proposals concerning stocks and currencies

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:31:58 -0500

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:18:44PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:
>
> > This inspires me to mention a feature I'd like: the ability to sell
> > stocks/mutual funds in order based on their basis, rather than
> > purchase date.  For example, sell x shares, choosing the shares that
> > result in the smallest (or largest) capital gain.
>
> This is in-progress in CVS.  Support for "Lots" is in the works.
> You can then sell stocks from any particular lot you wish.

Don't raise hopes too high.  I'm adding the core support; someone still
has to write a nice gui for the stuff.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>