gtk2 for gnucash?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Nov 2002 17:46:51 -0500

Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any work done to integrate gnucash to the gnome2 desktop
> using gtk2 libraries?
>
> If, please tell me where I can get the source, otherwise, please tell
> me also, I'd like to start working on that.

At this point we are focusing on the gnucash 1.8 release, which is
still a gnome-1.4 application.  It can run on a gnome-2 desktop, but
you still need the gtk-1.2 libraries.

You are welcome to work on a gtk-2 port, but don't expect any changes
to be incorporated until after the 1.8 release.  I say this because
the current "plan" is to work on a gnome-2 port for "gnucash-2", but
not until after we get 1.8 out the door.

Having said that, you are perfectly welcome (and encouraged) to work
on a gnome-2 port.  It will not be "simple".