www.gnucash.org suggestions etc

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 23:01:26 -0600

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 10:05:17AM +0300, Henrik Ahlgren was heard to remar=
k:
> Greetings!=20
>=20
> Please consider putting the link to Bugzilla to the link column, under
> "developer information" for example. I was almost giving up reporting
> few minor bugs in GNUcash just because it took me a while to find out
> how to report them. (Yes, it was mentioned under the News section.)

OK, yes, I have to fix this and several other problems.

> And BTW, GNUcash rules big time. I'm on my way to financial freedom
> thanks to GNUcash. Not anywhere near yet, but the the direction is
> much better than before I tried the software. And what's best: I
> always have fun working with it. Some programs just happen to have
> that special "happy mood". If any of you core developers happen to
> drop by to Helsinki sometime, please be sure to contact me for a free
> lunch.

you're welcome!

> Do the project already have translators for fi_FI language?

No, it does not.
The translations work using the standard gnu gettext mechanism:
all you need to do is to get a a "po" file, and start translating
the strings using your favorite editor.

You might want to announce your plans to do this on the gnucash-devel
mailing list; you'll get pointers, tips & hints about this.

--linas

--=20
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>
PGP Key fingerprint =3D 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933