From gnomedesktop forum: Mac OS X port?

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:10:17 +0100

This question was posted as a comment in the gnomedesktop.org forum.
Maybe somebody can post an answer (I don't know enough about that):

Hi

Forgive the intrusion, but I've been trying to get the following message
and question to the gnucash developer community and can't find any email
addresses at all.

-------------------
First, a sincere thank you to all the GNUCash developers. As a
long-suffering MS Money user, you have provided the key to my company's
finally being able to break away from the utter crap that is MS
software. GnuCash's clean architecture (double-entry, account
hierarchies, journal entries) are like an oasis of sanity in the desert
of Money lossage.

Here's my question. Now that Mac OS X is FreeBSD based, I'm tempted to
replace all our Wintel boxes with Macs. Although I once hacked Unix back
when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, I have a business to run and need to buy
a fairly tightly packaged system that consumes a minimal amount of
mental bandwidth. These days, Macs look pretty attractive in that regard.

Has anybody looked into this port? Is there anything about Acqua (or
whatever Apple is calling their GUI this week) that's incompatible wih
GNOME/GNUCash?

In other words, do I need to give up my Mac dreams to get GNUCash?

Any guidance would be appreciated; please reply to bamford@oz.net ---
Thanks Mucho.