Cyrillic in reports

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:59:12 +0100

Sergei Dolmatov wrote:

> Looks like there are some problems with reports in Gnucash and cyrillic
> symbols.
>
> In short: in gtkhtml I see only blank lines. After exporting to html or
> printing in .ps file, there are symbols with umlauts (accented characters).

Just to confirm that we are talking about the same thing here: If you
run gnucash, all the button labels and menus are correctly translated
into russian, and correctly displayed in cyrillic? But in any HTML
report (e.g. the profit and loss report or the balance sheet) you only
see blank lines?

Then I wonder how much we can do about it. Maybe gtkhtml is just totally
broken with respect to cyrillic, or the gnome font installation has
problems (on the other hand, if the normal labels work fine, it can't be
too bad). Can you try the "Show URL" report (I've forgotten the actual
name) in the "Utility reports" submenu (or was it in the Help menu?)?
Then, in that report, enter the URL of a website that you know has
cyrillic characters on it. If it does *not* work, too, then we are
sorry, but we probably can't fix that from gnucash. Instead, you would
need to bug the gtkhtml developers to fix it.

Regards,

Christian