Register really broken

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:40:13 -0800

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:39:27PM -0800, Josh Sled wrote:

| At least one crash involving the register which backtraces into the GUI
| code is a memory-handling problem which I'm working to solve presently. I'd
| be willing to be these are, as well.

I've just committed a couple of small but important changes which I believe
solve all the register-related crashes which have been seen recently.

| | 2) If you dont have SX's, and try to enter a transaction with more than
| | one split you will find you can't. If you close and reopen the register
| | the transaction will show up correctly and allow you to enter the new
| | split. Basically from what I'm seeing I think the register isn't
| | updating the screen properly.
|
| That I have specifically tried and have seen work...

I still cannot reproduce this; if anyone can, specific circumstances
and an as-small-as-possible test case [i.e., from an empty file] would
be appreciated.

| | There could be more problems that I haven't discovered yet. However, I
| | think we need to resolve the issues above and then go through and test

That is true ... though my hope is that this set of changes will prevent
the release from being delayed much longer.  While there are still known
issues [a lot of GTK-{Critical,Warning}s], I can vouch for each of them:
they won't seriously impact functionality and will be easily resolvable.
The majority of the remaining register-related issues should be resolved
this weekend, and ready for the next beta.

Testing from the recently-vocal parties [Nathan, Laurent] would be
appreciated; if you can still reproduce the issue, please file a bug at
bugzilla.gnome.org, assigned to me -- jsled-gnomebugs (at) asynchronous
(dot) org.

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`