Translation status

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:58:43 +0100

Nigel Titley wrote:

>>Some other translations (8) are a bit outdated but maybe somebody picks up the
>>existing work:
>>
>>248 uk
>>16 en_GB
>>

> I'd be happy to sort out the uk and en_GB

That's great to hear.

> (which should be equivalent I would have thought).

No, the translation acronyms aren't automatically what you think they
are. "uk.po" refers to the *Ukrainian* translation -- which you are
invited to work on, but I guess that's not what you thought it was :-)

> How do I go about it?

The translation of gnucash is now handled through the GNU Translation
Project. Translators can handle the po update through the Translation
Project Robot, see
http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash and
the section "Replies for Translators",
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/translators.html .
Alternatively, translators can simply send their updated po files to the
gnucash-patches mailing list and I'll commit them to our CVS server.

There exists a team for en_GB, so why don't you contact that team
leader? Can be found in the "Language Team" section of the Translation
Project website. For gnucash specific translation information, grab a
tarball of gnucash and have a look in the po/README document.

I appreciate your interest and I'm looking forward to hearing more from
UK about translations :-))

Christian