crash at startup

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
16 Nov 2002 11:57:12 -0800

--=-wDJy9JMlUT+hR/l5CrfZ

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 02:35, Matthew Condell wrote:
> > > However, when I try to open an account I get the following:
> > > ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler 'gnc_register_edit_cb'.
> > > ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler 'gnc_register_new_trans_=
cb'.
> > > ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler 'gnc_register_new_trans_=
cb'.
> > > ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler 'gnc_register_expand_tra=
ns_t oolbar_cb'.
> > > ** WARNING **: could not find signal handler 'gnc_register_statusbar_=
cb'.
> >=20
> > Your development tree has some serious problems.  These routines are in
> > the file window-register.c; the same file that calls the glade routine
> > which tries to attach to these routines.  Have you tried removing all
> > your installed binaries and then running a "make clean; make" in the
> > sources?
>=20
> Hrm, that is odd.  I've built (and cleaned and rebuilt) it a few times=20
> from the 1.7.2 soorce tarball.
>=20
> Well, I'll continue to dig deeper as time permits.

I had a problem similar to this a year to a year and a half ago when
first experimenting with glade2 on another project.  As I recall, it
turned out to be a missing compiler flag telling the linker to export
the symbols on the main program.  (Unfortunately I don't remember which
flag.)  I'm not sure that this applies here since guile is the main
program and everything else is loaded into guile, but I thought I'd
mention it.

David

--=-wDJy9JMlUT+hR/l5CrfZ

--=-wDJy9JMlUT+hR/l5CrfZ--