Revising Gnucash 1.8 schedule

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
20 Nov 2002 15:17:08 -0800

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 02:35, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Now:
>
> Now this means that in the next beta, there will still be new features
> added (at least the transaction dialog). I think that before 1.8, we
> should have at least one release with *zero* new features added but only
> bugs fixed. Therefore I'd propose to have two (instead of one) more beta
> releases until the final 1.8.0 - but the interval between the bug-only
> release and 1.8 may IMHO be allowed to be only one week. This would
> result in
>
> Dec 1 release 1.7.4-beta: Deep freeze + String freeze. From now on no
> new features until after 1.8.0 is out. New strings only after checking
> back with cstim.
>
> Dec 15 Release 1.7.5-beta: Still deep freeze + string freeze. Definitely
> no new features until after 1.8.0 is out. From now on bugfixes only
> after review on #gnucash or gnucash-devel, and definitely no string changes.
>
> Dec 22 Release 1.8.0 for Christmas :-)
>
> After that, a quick 1.8.1 release will be needed basically only with
> updated translations. We then need to decide on when to split off a new
> HEAD / gnucash-1.8 branch to be able to code on totally new features
> without screwing up the stable series. But I guess that shouldn't be
> decided right now. :-)

This schedule looks fine to me. I would prefer 1.7.5 to be rc1 not beta
though if we are only doing bugfixes and it is mostly complete.

I am currently trying to get the help _written_ by the end of nov. I
will then convert it to xml and integrate it into the build system. I
will tidy up the Tutorial and Concepts guide, but for 1.8.0 it will be
essentially what Carol has written with a very small addition that I
added earlier this year. I will work on this more along with any
updates/fixes to the docs for later releases.

Chris

--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit