HBCI log

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:03:13 +0100

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

> Hello Folks
> just a quick question: I have the notion that a HBCI transaction may not have
> really made it into that bank's computer (5 days after the transfer still
> nothing the the accounts transactions). Is there some logging of transactions
> with timestamp and status? If not that would certainly be useful.

I agree that this feature would really be useful. As of now, no such
feature exists or is planned, yet. Martin Preuss pointed out that this
should indeed just handled inside the application (as opposed to
handling it in the OpenHBCI library), which means "just" some code would
need to be added to gnucash. I can't do that -- I'm busy with other
things. If you want to give it a try: The HBCI transactions, as defined
in openhbci/transaction.h, is prepared and executed in gnucash's source
file src/import-export/hbci/dialog-hbcitrans.c (execution in line 272).
You can simply add some printf's there that print out the data that
existed in the HBCI_Transaction. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have
further questions in this regard -- but please understand that I cannot
work on this by myself for the time being.

Christian