postgres support and missing $ amounts in account detail

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
23 Nov 2002 08:38:03 -0600

--=-PWijn8/wQxYvrlP+Ly6+

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:01, Richard Reich wrote:
> I just tried gnucash with postgres support, following everything in the
> readme file.  After saving into the postgres db, quitting, then
> reloading all the detials of the accounts had no values in them and I
> got this warning in the console I launched gnucash from...
>=20
> Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
>=20
> My environment is Gentoo Linux 1.4, which uses gcc 3.2.
> I'm using gnucash 1.6.8 and postgres 7.2.3.=20=20
>=20
> Attached you will find a trimmed dump of the database.  I hope this
> helps.
>=20
> -Richard Riech

The SQL backend in 1.6.8 is spotty at best.  I know the problem you are
referring to, and it is not likely to be fixed (because there is not
likely to be another 1.6.x release).  The CVS SQL backend has been
redesigned from 1.6.8, and I am in the process of redesigning the CVS
SQL backend. ;)  However, the CVS SQL backend is functional (albeit a
bit slow, depending on your setup--my DB is on a different machine, so
the network may be a bottleneck...).  I think we've ironned out the
major bugs.  This is the backend that will be released with 1.8.0,
coming sometime in December.  There's actually a time-line message on
this list, if you look through the archives.  It was posted on
Wednesday.

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-PWijn8/wQxYvrlP+Ly6+

--=-PWijn8/wQxYvrlP+Ly6+--