Running balance in register not correct

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
23 Nov 2002 17:53:12 +0000

Just ran up the CVS version with a blank slate. I followed through the
account creation druid, selected GBP as the default currency, and then
just selected the "common" account tree. Then entered a few transactions
in the Checking account. This was mostly transfers to "cash in wallet"
apart from a small opening balance.

The running balance does not reflect the entered transactions, and
neither do the transactions appear in the reconcile window.

The cash in wallet account shows the transactions, but again does not
show the correct running balance. Running a reconcile on this account
shows the transactions, but all with a value of zero.

I recall this running balance problem occuring before (Jun-Jul 2002) and
it being related to a currency conversion issue, but here all the
accounts should be in the same currency.... let's see

Ahh-ha.... a look at the XML shows that the transactions are being
entered as USD, which is why they aren't being summed.

I suspect that even though I have asked for the default to be GBP in the
druid, that this isn't being recorded as the default currency for
transactions.

Can someone look at this please. Its a bit of a showstopper for new
users.

Nigel

PS Everything seems to work fine on the account tree I brought over from
1.6.