A user does an import (was Re: New transaction matcher)

James A. Treacy treacy@debian.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:02:26 -0500

One item I'd like to add about transaction matching. Some banks add a
'transaction number' to online banking transactions. Instead of adding
this to a comment field, it is added to the NAME field in ofx (the P
field in a qif). An example is:
<NAME>KITCH TAXS   K1M5D8
This causes a large percentage of my monthly transactions to not be
matched automatically.

Instead of complicating things with a regex matcher, this could be
solved by simply adding a preference to limit string matching to a
limited number of characters. For example, with my bank limiting the
string matching to 12 characters would do the trick.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org