Doxygen support now available

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:03:13 -0500

I just committed Doxygen (http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/) documentation
support in GnuCash, and integrated into the build system (I have not tested
dist and install however)

There is now a new target, make doc, that can be used to build (and rebuild)
the documentation if you have doxygen installed. Any file in the src
directory tree will be included in the documentation if it follows doxygen
conventions.  The doc is created in src/doc/html.  Doxygen is now required
for make dist.

For now, few if any files are documented "by the book".  Some developers might
have commented their functions with Doxygen conventions, but do not see them
in the doc.  To enable them, the file must have a file documentation block,
such as
/** @file
/brief File description...
*/
at the top, otherwise the documentation will not appear in the html.

Also, we should create a documentation style guide to guide developers.  Just
documenting files and functions would already be a massive improvement on the
current situation, but Doxygen is an amazingly flexible system, and we will
have to decide which features we want to use (Only a small subset is
currently used or enabled).

The top page of the generated docs (src/doc/html/index.html) contains info on
how to get started playing with documentation and Doxygen configuration.

Send me your comments/questions.

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/