some autoconf issues in actual CVS

Christian Krause chkr@plauener.de
30 Nov 2002 20:14:15 +0100

On 29 Nov 2002 19:17:02 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> This is a getttextize bug...  I'm using gettextize 0.11.1 and it
> doesn't exhibit this behavior...

Have you tried it on a clean checkout? Multiple invocations of
gettextize doesn't modify the configure.in. I've tried it with 0.11.1
and there I get the error too.

I read a little bit in the info manual of gettext and found some
interesting facts:

" It is also important to understand that `gettextize' is not part of
the GNU build system, in the sense that it should not be invoked
automatically, and not be invoked by someone who doesn't assume the
responsibilities of a package maintainer. "

In the info manual of gettext is a section about using gettext with CVS
where the whole problem is discussed (autopoint may help... ).

btw, automatic calling is not possible in newer versions of gettext
(0.11.5), they want an interactive _terminal_ input...

regards,
christian