Name Spacing

cbbrowne@acm.org cbbrowne@acm.org
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:08:19 -0400

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:00:38 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org>  said:
> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
>
> > It is an official GnuCash convention..  I don't know if it is a
> > guile convention in general.
>
> This is definitely only a GnuCash convention.  As far as I recall,
> none of the built-in guile functions use this approach, except for the
> time tm:* functions, and they appear to be the exception rather than
> the rule.

On the other hand, what with gnc:load-file rummaging through the load
path for files, something that you certainly /don't/ want is to have two
script files with the same file name as you're liable to get the wrong
one.

It's important to make sure that your custom OFX files have unique names
like "ofx:load.scm" "ofx:validate.scm" and "ofx:gui.scm" that are
distinct from "qif:load.scm" "qif:validate.scm" and "qif:gui.scm"...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html