What can I do to help?

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:19:18 -0500

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> It wouldn't bother me so much if module names were tied to file names
> so we could delay the ldopen() until we actually called
> gnc_load_module() But that would be a major departure from the current
> module system.

If gnucash eventually wanted to just use guile modules then the way
guile recommends you to handle things now is with a .scm file for
*all* modules, even if they're C-only.  So you have:

  (define-module (foo bar))
  (load-extension "libguile-foo-bar-v-1" "init_libfoo")
  (export baz)
  (export bax)

and you'd have

  foo/bar.scm (in the load path somewhere)
  libguile-foo-bar-v-1.so.1.X.Y (in the normal system lib dir)

the -v-1 allows you to make sure libtool gets the lib you want it to.
Otherwise, which version of a particular lib it gets depends on what
it finds first.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu