What can I do to help?

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:23:53 -0500

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> OK.  I just didn't remember that was an immediate constraint.

Oh BTW, emacs might not be a terrible model, or at least emacs as we
handle it in Debian.  There we do something like what you've asked
for.  There's an /etc/emacs/site-start.d directory (and various
/etc/emacsXY/site-start.d directories).

You'd want to make sure that there were some conventions, though --
you might want to suggest that any add-on that puts a .scm file in
/etc/gnucash/site-start.d doesn't do any more there than is required
(if it's heavyweight).  The module can always load more code later
if/when needed.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu