g-wrap 1.3.2 and gcc 3.1

Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:32:56 -0400

Greetings!

  I decided to (finally) take the plunge and start playing with 1.7, soon to be
1.8.  The first order of business was getting g-wrap 1.3.2 to compile on my
Mandrake 9 (gcc 3.1) system.
  Apparently gcc 3.1 is really obnoxious about the use of -I/usr/include.  To
get around it I ended up hacking build-guile-gtk to output -isystem /usr/include
instead of -I /usr/include when called with the cflag option.  This hardly seems
to be a good idea.  Is there a better way to make gwrap play nice with gcc 3.1?
 My solutions seems to work (compiles and runs test successfully) but it's
pretty kludgey.  Thoughts?

--
Michael T. Garrison Stuber