A question and suggestion

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
06 Oct 2002 04:06:57 -0700

Hi

I was going through the GnuCash interface tonight trying to make sure
I'd covered all the various options for the help documentation I'm
working on tonight and I had a couple of niggly things I wanted to ask
about. When I was working on the menu reorganization with hampton I
pretty much left it up to him what menu items he changed and what he
left alone. One menu that didn't get changed which I think could benefit
from it is the Reports menu. If someone felt up to doing this I think
it'd make the reports easier to understand (and document). In particular
I'd like to see the '/' removed in menu's I really think this is better
expressed by using 'and' or '&'. My suggestion for Reports is;

Reports -->
	Account Summary
	Assets & Liabilities
		Asset Barchart
		Asset Piechart
		Liability Barchart
		Liability Piechart
		Balance Sheet
		Net Worth Barchart
		Average Balance
		Investment Portfolio
		Price Scatterplot
	Business Reports
		Customer Report
		Payable Aging
		Print Invoice (shouldn't this really be on the file menu in the Print
section?)
		Receivable Aging
		Vendor Report
	Income & Expense
		Income Barchart
		Income Piechart
		Expense Barchart
		Expense Piechart
		Profit and Loss
		Income & Expense Chart
	Transaction Report
	Tax Report & Export
	Sample & Custom Reports
		Welcome Sample Report
		Sample Report With Examples
		Custom Multicolumn Report
		Custom Web Report

The other menu that I would like to change to wording on is Scheduled
Transactions. My suggestion to make this a bit clearer would be as
follows;

Scheduled Transactions -->
	Scheduled Transaction Editor
	Since Last Run...
	Mortgage & Loan Repayment...

Let me know what you think and if this is possible in the 1.8 timeframe.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit