Error during make

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
12 Oct 2002 12:07:36 -0700

--=-l7srJ7Zp8TlhRz+bjJkr

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 11:49, Tim Wunder wrote:
> Yeah, well... the damnable 1.3.2 g-wrap won't compile for me, anyway...

This is a known problem with g-wrap and the gcc 3.x compilers. We're
trying to get the g-wrap maintainer to come out with a new release.

> Have you compiled g-wrap 1.3.2 with RH 8?

No, but I did install the gcc 3.1 compiler a while back and live with it
for a week before reverting.  In the g-wrap sources, in the file
g-wrap/Makefile.am, remove the -Werror from the AM_CFLAGS line and run
configure again.  That should allow g-wrap to compile.

> I'm using a clean install of RH8 -- not an upgrade. And it has been nothi=
ng=20
> but trouble. If only the fonts didn't look so purty, I'd have abandoned i=
t=20
> days ago...

I know what you mean. I've got three or four problem reports open with
RedHat, all things broken in the upgrade.

David

--=-l7srJ7Zp8TlhRz+bjJkr

--=-l7srJ7Zp8TlhRz+bjJkr--