discussion generic import design

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Oct 2002 18:18:54 -0400

Christian Stimming <stimming@tuhh.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> on IRC we've already started an exhaustive discussion on the design of the
> generic transaction import. The framework and GUI provided by Benoit is nice
> and a good thing to start with, but there are still some issues to be
> improved. Especially I am unhappy about a few issues there, and since it is
> basically Benoit's OFX module and my HBCI module that are using this
> framework we better sort that out.

FTR: I'd like to see this infrasture used for the QIF importer, too...
According to grib the qif-io-core is better than qif-import, so we'd
need the UI for it..  So, it is looking like it needs to be _very_
generic to work across QIF, OFX, and HBCI.

-derek

PS: I can also imagine using the same infrastructure for CSV or even
XML import..