Initial Draft, GnuCash Help

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:03:28 -0700

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 04:38:07PM -0700, Chris Lyttle wrote:

| As always, any input, suggestions or offers of help are appreciated and
| welcomed.

This is rockin'.

| Usage
[...]
|               Scheduled Transaction Editor Tool

This would then, contain descriptions of what the user is able to do... what
a "Template Transaction" is and means, and what range of frequency-editing is
available, and what the SX creation options mean.

This is probably the right place to broach the subject of variables
and ad-hoc formulae in the template-transaction editor.  But the real
discussion of that [and functions] should be in ....

|           Using The Register To Record Transactions
[...]
|               Scheduled Transactions

Where the following sub-items might be good...

* From-transaction
* Creation Options
* Template Transactions
  * Formulas, Variables and Functions
* Since-Last-Run
* Mortgage & Loan Repayment

I never know how much detail we want to get into, but especially since
there's no UI afordance in the editor for variables, it definitely needs
to be documented.

Also, it seems like there's a good mapping between each major
window/interface in the app and 2-3 of the items you listed
... perhaps someone could come up with a nifty help-button ->
top-3-most-relevant-items-based-on-context-list mechanism in the 1.8
timeframe. [?]

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`